Friday, April 26, 2013

Pricing Tales of Woe

As you are moving toward your marketing/campaign plans you will be evaluating then determining your target markets, marketing tactics, and channels. . . . don't forget the power of price.  The following is something to consider as you segment (both price sensitivity AND behavior frameworks for consumer consumption):  http://www.artsjournal.com/audience/2013/04/a-rose-by-any-other-name-doesnt-sell/

I admit, I am probably one of those people who definitely enjoys beating the system (knowing that most of the time the system is set up so that I can merely feel that way :-))


1 comment:

  1. I agree, I also love feeling like I've 'beat the system,' but that's often because I am. However, a benefit of lesser-known places taking advantage of dynamic pricing (like our systems client) is that you can raise the regular price and keep the current price for loyal constituents. That way, there's a reward for those who already support what you do without actually suffering a loss, while the new additions have something to work toward that is still not hurting the organization's bottom line. Of course, this is only applicable to smaller organizations who are trying to grow, but in the arts that includes more organizations than in other industries.

    ReplyDelete