Monday, April 29, 2013

Color Marketing

An interesting article talks about the color marketing (Starts from Why Facebook is Blue?).
http://blog.bufferapp.com/the-science-of-colors-in-marketing-why-is-facebook-blue

From the class, we learned that red and black are the great catchy colors for your design.  In this article, you can reassure that you are strategically using the color for your marketing pieces based on the emotions/ organizational image you create! Some suggestions may seem common sense, but there are some good take-aways.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to point out color issue especially for branding. While I have been working on several organizations for the class requirements for 2 years, I found that some organizations use their brand logo in a wide variety of colors without restriction. Previously, when I was working for a company, there was a very strict brand guideline especially for the color. Blue was the color for the company, and only black, gray (at a designated level), silver, and white can be allowed for certain purposes. I agree with that the color variation of brand logo goes well with print materials such as poster and post card. Quantum Theatre this time has made me think about the issue again. Their print materials look great with adjusted brand logo color according to the entire color of the poster, but to what extent should we allow?

    ReplyDelete